Missouri City Juneteenth Celebration Foundation Scholarship Fund
Driven by our core objective, the MCJCF has awarded scholarships to deserving Fort Bend County students for nearly two decades. These students have attended colleges and universities throughout the country, including Baylor University, Texas Southern University, Prairie View A&M University, Texas A&M, Stephen F. Austin University, University of Missouri-Columbia, the University of Houston, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, and the University of Texas to mention a few!
The Missouri City Juneteenth Celebration Foundation (MCJCF) has partnered with long-time supporters Wells Fargo, AT&T, H-E-B, and UPS to provide a series of annual scholarships in their name. Other companies that have also contributed greatly to the scholarship fund include Wal-Mart, CenterPoint Energy, and Houston Community College (HCC).
The scholarships will be awarded to students residing in the Fort Bend/Missouri City area based on both merit and financial need.
MCJCF has awarded over $250,000 to deserving students.
The essential ingredients -- the core standards of this foundation’s existence are to promote cultural awareness while providing financial support for Fort Bend County students and other worthwhile charitable organizations.
Scholarship Application Details
Confidentiality: All information submitted by the applicant will be held in strict confidence by the scholarship committee and used only with the prior consent of the applicant.
Selection Criteria and Guidelines: Applicants will be reviewed based on their educational preparation, academic accomplishments, desire to attend college, community and/or civic involvement, financial need, and the content and completeness of the application.
Nominee must complete the scholarship application and fulfill all requirements. Applications must be submitted no later than May 15, 2024.
1. Nominees must be Fort Bend County School District attendees or a past MCJCF scholarship recipient and must be planning to attend an accredited college or university.
2. Candidates must submit a complete application, including the following:
An official transcript
SAT or ACT scores
Two letters of recommendation
3. Candidates must be willing to participate in an interview with the MCJCF Scholarship Committee.
4. Scholarship recipients must attend the MCJCF Community Service Awards Gala and participate in the Juneteenth “Mile of Smiles Parade.”
5. Scholarships will be awarded to the selected students upon receipt of a college acceptance letter and evidence of registration from the university or college.
(The scholarship is not transferable and may not be sold or used by anyone other than the applicant.)
The Missouri City Juneteenth
P. O. Box 1007
Missouri City, Texas 77489
Phone: (281) 545-5009
For any inquiries, questions or commendations, please call (281) 545-5009